It is essential that sellers and salespeople understand how crucial emotions are to decision-making and how to simulate your B2B buyers’ emotions.
Although, your limbic system or emotional brain, which stores and remembers past experiences, is thought to have developed out of the first reptilian brain. The orbitofrontal cortex connects the feelings generated by the ‘old brain,’ limbic system and is responsible for integrating deep-seated emotions into decisions. Recent advances in research from neuroscience, evolution, medicine, and psychology, have shown that the brain biochemistry emotional signals are felt throughout the body, including the gut, the heart and the head. We all experience bodily sensations, transmitted by the peptides or ‘reaction’ to the stimulus delivering greater sensory awareness and essential signals that, if you learn to read them, will assist your decision-making.
“If the brain can’t feel it can’t make up its mind!”
This is a contradiction of the conventional view of human physiology; for most of the 20th century, the ideal of rational decision-making was supported by scientific descriptions of the human anatomy.
What Has This Brain Stuff Got to Do with Influencing my Buyers and Scaling my Sales?
It is curious to think that traditional B2B sales has often devoid of personal emotion and personality but led by facts, features and benefits. If decisions are made with emotions and not in the absence of feelings, then we need to rethink out how to efficiently convey the experience of the solution and product.
How the Sales Environment Has Changed?
- 90% of buying decisions are made with peer recommendations, your connection becomes your salesforce.
- Only 3% of people think salespeople are trustworthy, so connect with emotion and personality.
- Buying groups range from 7 to 20 people of a wide variety of job functions, so the influence is critical.
- 92% of buyers trust referrals that come from people they know, so you must be personally recommendable.
- There is a 47% increase in purchasing value when from referred connections.
Scale Your Sales system helps you develop personable trusted relationships and grow profitable lifetime partnerships to create opportunities for predictable increasing sales.
- Scale Your Sales helps you to understand personal core values and personable characteristics and strengths. Aligning with your buyer’s perspective and motivating factors to build trust and engage with your customer and their environment.
- Scale your Sales helps to prioritise your most valued customers, you have all heard of the 80/20 rule, that 80% of your revenue comes from 20% of your customers. This 20% is your most valued customers, it is essential to find them and grow more like them to increase your sales productivity, with priority and profiling to deliver on your specific customer promises.
- Scale your Sales helps to develop buying opportunities by attracting the right connections and building trust to influence the decision-makers. To get on the buyer’s radar and shortlist and to build long-term strategic partnerships and to increase lifetime customer value.
Scale Your Sales uses social selling techniques to attract, engage and educate the buyers you want and neuromarketing methods to elevate the relationship to a trusted partnership.
Influence with Emotional Not Facts!
Neuromarketing is a relatively new field of marketing that uses medical technologies such as functional MRI scans to study the brain’s responses to marketing stimuli. Given that response can be physical and verbal, neuromarketing is about capturing the no verbal in the brain and body. Researchers use fMRI to measure changes in activity in parts of the brain to learn why consumers make the decisions they do.
Six ways to stimulate decision-making with emotional stimuli:
- What’s in it for Me (WIIFM) – (the buyer only cares about what your products can do for it.
- Show the Difference – (decision-making is easier with contrast, light and dark – show the difference)
- Make it Real – (make it familiar, simple, easy to understand and relatable for your buyer)
- Make it Memorable (the old brain has a short attention span, state vital information first and last, start and end with a bang)
- Visualise It– (visuals lead to fast and productive engagement, visuals allow both parties to be on the same page) “I can see your point” “that looks interesting” are the responses you want.
- Show the Emotion – (the ‘old brain’ is actively triggered by emotions so, evoke excitement in your voice and show rather than tell with stories).
If you want a handout of 26 ways to apply neuromarketing methods to build trust stimulate decision-making and scale your sales, please contact me.
You make better decisions when you act on information from your feelings, instincts, and intuition with secondary data coming from the rational intellect.
It is your emotional brains (orbitofrontal cortex connects the emotions generated by the limbic system) that allows you to access memory, weigh your preferences and decide.
The way you make decisions is with emotions, and your buyer is no different. Your buyer’s decisions are enhanced by evoking personal emotion and these neuromarketing methods help to influence their decision to scale your sales.
Understanding what motivates your buyers to buy then knowing how you can influence these decision-makers is critical. Business is won and lost by the strength of the trusted relationships you nurture and the influence you inspire over decision-makers.
The fact is, buyers, buy on emotion and justify their decision with logic. You must inspire with emotion offering the required quality service, then price becomes secondary in the buyer’s logic. Scale your Sales helps you to neuro market engage and elevate your way to influence positive decisions.
This article was originally published in Business Kent Blog